iPad Academy in Hull 2nd Event
Date and times: 1st April 1pm – 3:30 and twilight session 3:45 – 4:45pm
Host school: Winifred Holtby Academy, Midmere Avenue, Hull HU7 4PW
Join us again as we recap on the impact of the tools showcased at the first iPad Academy, to support literacy development, and focus on evidencing and demonstrating student progress using iPad tools.
Neil Skipper will again be leading the iPad Academy sessions as our Apple ‘APD’ Authorised Trainer, with an agenda tailored to meet our fundamental aim shared in January:
“To create a teaching network to facilitate innovation and creativity with iPad, with a priority to improve the quality of teaching & learning.”
The afternoon session will facilitate the collaborative approach to share vision and ideas that teachers found useful at the first event. We’ve also added more workshop time to consider individual priorities, intended outcomes and action plans.
There’ll be hands-on activity time to work together to plan and link themes with colleagues from other schools.
For this event we’re grateful to the individual teachers at Winifred Holtby Academy who will be sharing a series of ‘project snapshots‘.
We’ll use these school-based examples to start our collaborative planning with iPad tools to support evidencing student progress:
- Coaching and mentoring teacher programme using iPods and Iris
- Theme-based learning project using Explain everything
- Supporting assessment and individualised learning with Edmodo
- Reinforcing Science skills and evidencing progress with iMovie
- Evidencing a portfolio of activity in Technology using Creative Book Builder
- Improving personal performance in PE using video analysis with Ubersense
- Focussing on student behaviour through positive rewards with Class dojo
The twilight session between 3.45pm – 4.45pm will focus on how to setup and manage iOS devices in an educational context. Teachers have requested that we include coverage of a base set of Apps and consider a ‘toolkit for teachers’ when implementing these technologies in a learning setting.
Look forward to sharing ideas with you again at either session, or both!
Don’t forget to email Neil or Russell with your intention to join us.